Pauli's software ->Vedit resources -> What is Vedit?
What is Vedit?
is the best text editor you can find, especially for a programmer.
Some of the Vedit features:
- Fast and compact (written in Assembly language). Propably the fastest editor on the planet.
- Can edit any file: DOS, Windows, Mac, Unix, EBDIC, binary, database etc, up to 2 GB in size.
The new Vedit Pro64 can edit files larger than 2 GB.
- Fully configurable. Not just keyboard, but how the program actually operates.
- Powerful C-like macro language, actually a full programming language.
- Multi file processing: Perform search/replace or run any macro on multiple (even thoussands of) files.
- Configurable toolbar, tab-bar, easy to use projects (Windows version).
- Syntax highlighting, template editing, file type specific configuration, compiler support, ctags etc.
- Windows and DOS versions.
For more information, see: www.vedit.com - the official Vedit homepage